In any business, the measurement of performance is vital to its success. If brick-and-mortar businesses religiously track their inventory, monthly sales performance, past and upcoming orders and business expenses, why can’t online business (where it’s so easy to track performance) do the same? The truth is that there’s no excuse for failing to track your performance.
You should be tracking your performance down to the smallest detail. To do that, you will need a great analytics program. Below, I’ll go over the top analytics software that you can use to precisely measure your performance.
There is a reason why Google Analytics is so widely used: it’s an efficient tool that provides important information on your site’s performance. You can see what keywords are bringing in the most traffic to your site. But that’s just its basic feature. You can do much more:
- Know which campaigns are sending you the most traffic. For whatever campaign you’re running (SEO, social media, PPC , etc.), you can see, in clear detail, how much traffic is being generated from individual marketing methods.
- Track the locations of your visitors.
- Know what pages perform the best, and determine which ones perform the worst.
Google Analytics is a great option if you want a free program that is just as powerful as most other tracking programs.
Clicky Analytics is an extremely robust plugin that can help you understand how well your site is performing. Here are some of its great features:
- Real-time performance tracking. You can track traffic as soon as it’s coming in. Other tools (like Google Analytics) will give you a traffic report on the day after the traffic comes in.
- A dynamic bounce metric system.
- A heatmap of where visitors spend most of their time on your web page.
- The ability to track the actions of individual users.
Clicky has both free and paid plans. It’s a common alternative to Google Analytics.
Clicktale helps you visually understand how visitors are engaging with your site. Here’s how:
- With very detailed heatmaps, it gives insight into the most effective areas of your site. This will give you important feedback on what needs to change and what needs to remain the same on your site.
- Watch replays of your customer’s browsing sessions. This will help you to better understand visitor behavior.
Contact Clicktale to request a personalized demo of the program.
If you publish online content, this is a very powerful tool. Parse.ly tracks posts and authors, and it measures how different pieces of content perform. Here’s more of what it does:
- You can track how readers are digesting your content. Know if readers are sharing the content, giving you referrals from their networks and more.
- Real-time analytics software.
- Identify content consumption trends.
Parse.ly has several paid plans. Contact Parse.ly to get a quote.
Kissmetrics is the ultimate tracking program for ecommerce stores. It specializes in helping you optimize your conversions, and it does this by providing a dynamic set of tools.
- Identify the weak points in your sales funnel.
- Segment traffic into groups based on behavior and activity.
- Automatically split test your marketing campaigns.
- Detailed revenue reports that paint a clear picture on how your store is performing.
Kissmetrics has plans that start at $120.
If you want to treat your website like a business, you need to thoroughly track your performance. Doing this will enable you to identify what is, and isn’t, working in your online business, and it will help to give you clarity on how to push your operation towards more success.
Are you ready to discuss your next ecommerce website project with the leader in WooCommerce website development and digital marketing? If so, contact Zen Design Firm today! We are a group of WooCommerce experts.